Monday 26 December 2011

Stand up and Live

I was lying all crippled and low,
Vision unclear,
Voice unheard.
I called to my friend- no answer,
I called to my guide- no answer.

Dying every moment,
Suffering every moment.
Black and death was all that I saw.
Blood and death was all that I saw.

Taking my last few breadths,
I tried to open my eyes ones again.
Nothing could I see.
Black and black was all that I saw.


I opened my mouth with the last trial.
I gasped for air and it fell.
The desire to be up was not there.
Nothing could I think of for which I should breathe again.

I heard a faint voice from somewhere.
Whose- unknown.
It said- This is the last time you are living
Or dying.
Merciful had God been to give you this life-
So said the voice.
And you looking for help, for a reason to live-
So said the voice.


A drop of water fell on my forehead,
My eyes now struggling.
A drop of water on my eyes,
I could hear my voice.
It tried to tell me-
To get up and live.
There’s none to hold my hands to take me further.
I have to decide whether to give in and die,
Or live it the warrior way.

With vision getting clearer,
With colors changing to blue and green,
I could hear my voice,
I could hear the birds sing and the water fall.

The voice- unknown,
Still there told me to walk the hundred miles.
I stood, with the mind stronger,
And the vision clearer.


I started walking.
Now the mind stronger, the vision clearer and the voice known.
It was the inner voice,
Which had laid unheard, unsung and un-noticed.
The expectations from life had stabbed the voice,
Stabbed the voice to half-death!

It shrieked and screamed,
Unheard and un-noticed,
It laid there.
The last try it had given,
The dying mind, noticed it.

Here stands the mind now,
All determined to run the road ahead.
Determined it stands.
Better it stands.
There’s nothing to lose,
There’s nothing to fear.
I will live the way it comes,
I will live it the way it goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment