Monday 26 December 2011

Dead or Alive

I close my eyes, you are there,
You come closer and whisper:
Hold my hands tight and come along,
I held it and walked.


I held your arm tightly cause I knew,
I shall open my eyes soon.
You said-“Walk with me”
Place not known,
Destiny unseen,
But I knew, this is our last walk together.

Fragments of smiles flash everywhere,
Was I glad or sad, I do not remember,
Drops of tears, vanish into the ethereal,
You take my face in your hand and say- “Live it.”

With unspoken words
I tell, I shall live every day with you.
With you here, there, everywhere.
You leave my hand and smile.

I see you going,
I call out
You smile.
For long I stood and thought
It’s me living or dead

Today I close my eyes again,
To walk with you for the last time,
I see you again, walking up to me,
I ask myself,
Am I alive or dead?

No comments:

Post a Comment